Monitoring your business health and gaining insightful data for business growth is made accessible with accounting software. Accounting software is a game changer for businesses increasing efficiency and accuracy, saving time, ensuring compliance and so much more.
Several business owners use ZipBooks and QuickBooks for various purposes. In this blog post, we will discuss both options to ascertain the best choice for your business needs.
Zipbooks is a cloud-based invoicing and accounting software for business owners and freelancers. It offers features like invoicing, expense tracking, business and accounting reports and others. ZipBooks is best suited for service-based businesses because it lacks inventory management and accounting.
- Create estimates and invoices for clients
- Zipbooks has a user-friendly interface
- It has a time-tracking feature for service-based businesses
- ZipBooks does not have a mobile app for Android devices.
- It is not suitable for businesses with inventory; there is no inventory management and accounting
- Bank reconciliation is limited to banks in the US and Canada
Zipbooks offers a free plan and paid plans.
Paid plans start from $15- $35 billed monthly. ZipBooks also offers an Accountant plan with a custom price for accountants and bookkeepers handling multiple clients.
What Customers are saying about ZipBooks
I don’t like that I can’t track inventory. I’ll need to have, open and use an additional program for inventory and figure out how to incorporate them. (Review from Capterra)
The biggest issue I have with ZipBooks is their mobile app. I’m running it on my iPhone and it seems like it’s just a web-app published in a shell, storing no local information. It’s difficult to track time or send invoices that haven’t been saved as a draft. Sent invoices also display in reverse order – with the cache clearing every time I open the app. If they built a full-featured, native app I think ZipBooks would be perfect. (Review from Capterra)
The basic version only carries very basic needs for keeping track. Specially if you run agency with multiple project cost centres, the subscription becomes quite expensive (Review from G2)
Sometimes my card gets kicked out, or I need to renew the connection to my payment processing platforms and it doesn’t email me about it until someone tries to pay and can’t. (Review from Capterra)
Quickbooks is a cloud-based accounting software for businesses. It offers features like invoicing, time tracking, inventory management, double-entry accounting, bank reconciliation and others. Quickbooks tend to be costly for small businesses requiring basic features.
- Quickbooks offers robust features to users that include invoicing, inventory management, expense tracking and others
- It offers extensive accounting and business reporting
- Quickbooks makes collaboration with team members easy on its platform.
- It is not a cost-friendly option for small businesses and freelancers on a tight budget
- For users new to accounting software, Quickbooks is not very intuitive and has a learning curve
- Quickbooks lacks some industry-specific features like barcode scanning, a POS app, and others which are relevant to some industries.
There is no free plan however, there’s a 30-day free trial period to test out Quickbooks. Pricing ranges from $30 to $200 per month. During sales, you get 50% off for the first 3 months after which normal rates apply for each plan.
Quickbooks offers Live Assisted Bookkeeping on each plan at $50 per month.
What customers are saying about Quickbooks
There’s a huge learning curve for this software. (Review from Capterra)
The price can be a bit much for some companies. The customer service is horrible, and answers are confusing once a person does answer to help. (Review from Capterra)
My least favorite thing about this software is that the longer it is up the slower it gets for me. (Review from Capterra)
The user interface can be quite confusing and complicated, especially for those who are just starting to use accounting software for the first time. (Review from G2)
ZipBooks vs. Quickbooks: Feature Comparison
|Estimates and Quotes||Yes||Yes|
|Multiple user access||Yes||Yes|
Vencru: The Invoicing and Accounting Software for All Businesses
Want software with invoicing, inventory management and comprehensive accounting that is both simple and budget-friendly? With Vencru, enjoy a simple and intuitive all-in-one platform offering all you need at an affordable price!
Unlike Quickbooks with complicated setup and high costs and ZipBooks without comprehensive accounting (no inventory accounting), Vencru offers simplicity with comprehensiveness at affordable rates with plans starting at $6 to $50 billed monthly.
Invoice clients anywhere, track inventory and orders, streamline sales process with a POS app, track expenses, generate comprehensive accounting and business reports, manage customer relations, manage vendors, track employee performance, collaborate with team members and lots more on Vencru!
|Coverage||Worldwide with over 160 supported currencies||Worldwide||Worldwide|
|Intuitive (Easy to use)||Yes||Yes||No|
|Pricing (billed monthly)||Starts at $6||Starts at $15||Starts at $30|
|Estimates and Quotes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Order Management (shipping status)||Yes||No||No|
|Accept Online Payment||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Multicurrency (For sales and expenses)||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|POS App (Mobile, Desktop and Web)||Yes||No||No|
|Purchase Order and Vendor Bills||Yes||No||Yes|
|Double-Entry Accounting reports||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Employee management (sales by employee report)||Yes||No||No|
|Product barcode scanning for sales and inventory||Yes||No||No|
|Expiry date tracking for products||Yes||No||No|
|Mobile App||Yes||Yes (iOS only)||Yes|
Key features of Vencru
- Invoicing and Sales Management– Create online invoices in less than a minute. Automatically track debtors, manage business sales, improve cash flow, and get your financial reports
- Estimates and Quotes– Create quotes and proposals in various currencies and seamlessly convert estimates into invoices.
- Inventory Management– Keep track of what you have in store, update when to restock, and deduct when you create invoices or receipts
- Double-Entry Accounting– Powerful and robust double-entry accounting system. Track assets, liabilities, equity, revenue, and expenses.
- Expense Management– Track and manage all your business expenses and receipts in one place. Say goodbye to manual expense reporting and streamline your finances.
- Vendor Billing– Make and send vendor bills, track orders and deliveries, and sync inventory items easily.
- Business Reporting– Convert all data into insights needed to grow your business with simplified business reports. Review dashboards and reports on your sales, expenses, inventory and clients.
- Accept Online Payments– Accept online payments with credit cards, debit cards, eChecks, and more, and have every penny accounted for with our bookkeeping features.
- Client Management- Manage your clients, automate client statement reports, track their orders, and keep on top of your debtors.
Check out our pricing page!
Free Trial: Signup for a free 14-day trial on Vencru. No credit card is required! See how Vencru makes managing your business very simple!
Demo: If you prefer, you can schedule a free demo with one of our experts. We’ll answer all your questions.
How to migrate to Vencru from ZipBooks or Quickbooks
Want to migrate from your present business management software to Vencru? Here’s how easy it is:
- Book a free demo with our customer support team
- Decide on the best plan that works for you
- We will work with you and provide training on how to migrate successfully.