The perks of using accounting software for your business are numerous; from boosting productivity to gaining insight on key business metrics to having all the information you need for tax season, all these and many more make accounting software an essential tool for business success.
In this blog post, we’ll examine two popular options; FreshBooks and Quickbooks, in a quest to find the best software for your business needs.
FreshBooks is a cloud-based accounting software for freelancers and small businesses. It offers features for invoicing clients, inventory management, business reports, and others. FreshBooks integrates with third-party software to generate advanced accounting reports.
- Create professional-looking invoices for your clients
- Users can track billable time and mileage
- FreshBooks is relatively easy to use
- It lacks comprehensive reports for businesses; and needs integration for advanced reports
- Freshbooks does not have inventory management and accounting for retailers and wholesalers
- Cost tends to add up for small businesses: the least expensive plans allow only five billable clients.
- The plans are restrictive, offering only one user access and two on the most expensive plan, making it challenging for businesses to scale without incurring extra costs to add team members.
FreshBooks does not offer a free plan. However, there’s a 30-day free trial period to test out FreshBooks, thereafter, a plan has to be purchased.
Pricing ranges from $17 to $55 billed monthly. There are add-ons available for each plan at a price:
- Team members at $11 per user per month
- Advanced payment at $20 per month
What customers are saying about FreshBooks
I wish it wasn’t so expensive. I like the service, but I feel that the annual cost is pretty steep. (Review from G2)
The learning curve. As a busy business owner, it does take some time to practice and perfect. (Review from G2)
One of the areas where I feel this platform could use some improvement is its reporting and analytics functionality. While the platform provides basic data on projects, payments, and clients, I would like access to more advanced and customizable metrics that allow me to more closely track how my business is performing. (Review from Capterra)
One of my most significant pain points with FreshBooks is their Reports sections. The reports are converted into downloadable CVS documents. The problem is that they are incredibly messy, difficult to understand and make trying to keep track of earnings a headache. (Review from G2)
Related: FreshBooks Vs Xero: 2023 Comparisons
Quickbooks is a cloud-based accounting software for businesses offering features like invoicing, time tracking, inventory management, double-entry accounting, bank reconciliation and others. It tends to be costly for small businesses requiring basic features.
- It offers robust features to users that include invoicing, inventory management, expense tracking and others
- Quickbooks offers extensive accounting and business reporting
- Quickbooks makes collaboration with team members easy
- It is not a cost-friendly option for small businesses and freelancers on a tight budget
- For users new to accounting software, Quickbooks is not very intuitive and has a learning curve
- It lacks some industry-specific features like barcode scanning, a POS app, and others which are relevant to some industries.
There is no free plan however, Quickbooks offer a 30-day free trial period. After the trial, a plan must be purchased to gain access to the software. Pricing ranges from $30 to $200 per month. During sales, you get 50% off for the first 3 months after which, normal rates apply for each plan.
Quickbooks offers Live Assisted Bookkeeping on each plan at $50 per month.
What customers are saying about Quickbooks
There’s a huge learning curve for this software. (Review from Capterra)
The price can be a bit much for some companies. The customer service is horrible, and answers are confusing once a person does answer to help. (Review from Capterra)
My least favorite thing about this software is that the longer it is up the slower it gets for me. (Review from Capterra)
The user interface can be quite confusing and complicated, especially for those who are just starting to use accounting software for the first time. (Review from G2)
FreshBooks vs. Quickbooks: Feature Comparison
|Estimates and Quotes||Yes||Yes|
|Multiple user access||Yes||Yes|
Vencru: The Invoicing and Accounting Software for All Businesses
Do you want simple and intuitive software to invoice clients, track inventory and orders, streamline sales process with a POS app, track expenses, generate comprehensive accounting and business reports, manage customer relations, and manage vendors all at an affordable price?
Vencru offers all these and more with plans starting as low as $6 to $50 billed monthly! Say hello to software built for small business owners and freelancers bringing you all you need to drive business growth and success on a simple, easy-to-use platform and at an affordable price. Get all the accounting software benefits without complications and high costs on Vencru!
|Coverage||Worldwide with over 160 supported currencies||Worldwide||Worldwide|
|Intuitive (Easy to use)||Yes||Relatively||No|
|Pricing (billed monthly)||Starts at $6||Starts at $17||Starts at $30|
|Estimates and Quotes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Order Management (shipping status)||Yes||No||No|
|Accept Online Payment||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Multicurrency (For sales and expenses)||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|POS App (Mobile, Desktop and Web)||Yes||No||No|
|Purchase Order and Vendor Bills||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Double-Entry Accounting reports||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Employee management (sales by employee report)||Yes||No||No|
|Product barcode scanning for sales and inventory||Yes||No||No|
|Expiry date tracking for products||Yes||No||No|
|Audit Trail||Yes||Yes (Not fully accessible to Accountants)||Yes|
Key features of Vencru
- Invoicing and Sales Management – Create online invoices in less than a minute, automatically track debtors, manage business sales, improve cash flow, and get your financial reports
- Estimates and Quotes– Create quotes and proposals in various currencies and seamlessly convert estimates into invoices.
- Inventory Management– Keep track of what you have in store, automatically update when you restock, and deduct when you create invoices or receipts.
- Expense Management- Track and manage all your business expenses and receipts in one place. Say goodbye to manual expense reporting and streamline your finances.
- Vendor Billing– Make and send vendor bills, track orders and deliveries, and sync inventory items easily.
- Business Reporting– Convert all data into insights needed to grow your business with simplified business reports. Review dashboards and reports on your sales, expenses, inventory and clients.
- Accept Online Payments– Accept online payments with credit cards, debit cards, eChecks, and more, and have every penny accounted for with our bookkeeping features.
- Double-Entry Accounting– Powerful and robust double-entry accounting system. Track assets, liabilities, equity, revenue, and expenses.
- Client Management– Manage your clients, track their orders, and keep on top of your financials
- Business Budget Planning– Plan your business budget, set targets for revenue and expenses, forecast finances, and track progress easily.
- Employee management– Track sales by employee, view performance metrics, and maintain an audit trail.
Demo: If you prefer, you can schedule a free demo with one of our experts. We’ll answer all your questions.
How to migrate to Vencru from Quickbooks or Freshbooks
Want to migrate from your present business management software to Vencru? Here’s how easy it is:
- Book a free demo with our customer support team
- Decide on the best plan that works for you
- We will work with you and provide training on how to migrate successfully.